About Council's WHS
The City of Wagga Wagga is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for everyone with a focus on developing effective:
- safety leadership at all levels
- consultation and communication mechanisms
- risk management processes
- promotion of a safety culture
- health and wellbeing initiatives
- injury management and return to work programs
Council is responsible for the implementation of actions to help realise a healthy, safe and injury free environment, model safe behaviour and identify and provide adequate resources to ensure a safe work place and safe systems of work.
Our Safety Management System is designed to ensure that our workplace is healthy and safe and that incidents are prevented. We are all responsible to adhere to safe systems of work and take reasonable care not to expose ourselves, others or the environment to unnecessary risk.
The Safety Management System is designed to comply with AS 4801 and includes:
- Appropriate policies and supporting procedures
- Consultative processes framed around continuous improvement
- Systems to implement our procedural requirements
- Internal scrutiny of our systems and the results they produce
- Periodic review of the effectiveness of our efforts by our leaders