What if I am having difficulty paying my Rates?
- Why do I pay Rates?
- Is Council's income totally derived from Rates?
- How are my Rates calculated?
- Are all levies the same?
- What is Rate pegging?
- Can my Rates increase by more than the limit allowed by the State Government?
- So why have my Rates increased and others decreased?
- I don't agree with my land value. What can I do?
- Can I get a reduction in my Rates?
- How can I apply for a pensioner concession?
- What if I am having difficulty paying my Rates?
- How can I update my postal address?
What if i am having difficulty paying my Rates?
Arrangements can be made with Council to help make your payments more manageable.
Methods currently available are: Direct Debit, B-Pay and Centrelink Deductions and some employers offer payroll deductions (check with your employer).
Please phone Council to discuss your individual circumstances. Provisions are also made available under Section 601 of the Local Government Act 1993 in relation to hardship caused by a General Revaluation.
Application forms are available on request from Council.