Council actively encourages community participation in our governance and decision making processes.
We know that your input is an essential ingredient in successful decision making.
An informed and involved community is one of the key objectives outlined in our Community Strategic Plan.
We are committed to having open, honest, respectful and truthful communication with the community and encourage the community to do the same.
Upcoming Community Engagement Events
- Wollundry Lagoon (Outside Civic Theatre): Wednesday 1st May, 10.30am - 12.00pm
- Uranquinty Rest Area: Thursday 2nd May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Tarcutta Centre Garden: Wednesday 8th May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Collingullie Crossroads Oval: Thursday 9th May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Humula Park: Wednesday 15th May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Ladysmith Town Hall: Thursday 16th May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Wagga Beach: Saturday 18th May, 10am - 3pm
- Mangoplah Town Hall: Wednesday 22nd May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Oura Town Hall: Thursday 23rd May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
- Currawarna Community Centre Garden: Wednesday 29th May, 4.30pm - 6.00pm
Community Engagement Strategy
Council actively encourages community participation in our governance and decision making processes. In fact, it is the essential ingredient successful decision making.
The Community Engagement Strategy has been developed to guide the ongoing dialogue between Council and the community as we plan for our future.
Through Wagga View, the community has told Council that the community should be involved in the development of the city and decision making. This Strategy aims to increase levels of engagement in a way that the community expects.
Have Your Say
Every day the community shares their thoughts on our Your Say Wagga website, and we're listening.
Your Say is designed to make some of our most important documents and processes more accessible, so that you can give your input and help us make better decisions for our community.
Leave a comment, take a survey, or simply find out more about how things work in your local government area.
The Your Say conversation has begun, and we're ready for your thoughts.
You can see which documents are on public exhibition and find out how to make a submission on our Public Exhibitions page.
Have an opinion on any of these topics? Complete a quick survey and make your voice count!
Charlie is Council's innovative approach to engage, educate and help the community, and will be travelling around the region to villages, events and more.
The truck is a unique opportunity for Council to utilise a space outside of the Civic Centre and proactively educate, inform, engage and meet face-to-face with residents.
Charlie stands for:
Keep your eyes peeled for him (you can't miss his bright yellow exterior!) and pop in for a visit and to find out how Charlie can help you.
If you have an idea for how Charlie can be utilised let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org