Multi Purpose Stadium (MPS)
- Project diary - Keep up to date on the latest project news and information.
About the project
Located at the Wagga Wagga Exhibition Centre (Equex), the Multi Purpose Stadium (MPS) will provide a high-quality sporting, community and entertainment/event space in the heart of the city.
The MPS will feature three indoor courts, change rooms, seating for more than 600 spectators and a function space with catering facilities. It is anticipated the project will be completed in late November 2018.
The Stadium is taking shape
August 2018 - A bird's eye of progress and a walk-through tour of the interior
9 February 2018 - A sod-turning ceremony on marked the start of construction work on the multi-purpose stadium.
Sod turning: Member for Riverina Michael McCormack, Wagga Wagga netball association president Rosemary Clarke, and Mayor Greg Conkey turn the first sod
February - Site preparation and substructure works underway, and within a few months the steel frame and walls will be visible.
Funding contributions have been made to assist Council in the construction of the new stadium:
- Federal Government - $4.4M funding under the National Stronger Regions Fund
- Netball Wagga - $250,000 contribution
- Council News article – Take a seat (29 September 2018)
- Council News article - Framework complete for $9M multi-purpose stadium (4 August 2018)
- Media release - New Multi Purpose Stadium is taking shape (released 29 May 2018)
- Media release - The ball is rolling on the construction of the multi-purpose stadium - (released 9 February 2018)
All dates are subject to weather and works and any additional interruptions will be advertised accordingly.