Christmas Store Display Competition
Christmas is a special time of year, full of festive songs, distinct foods, shared activities, and long-held traditions. It’s a unique experience for all ages. No business segment helps drive the festive mood of a city more than the retail sector. Whether shopping for friends or family, when people leave their homes, they’re not only looking for the perfect gift, but also a unique experience.
In order to help enhance the shopping experience of the community, Wagga Wagga City Council is inviting local retailers to take part in the 2018 Wagga Christmas store display event. Use lights, decorations, and anything sustainable to decorate your stores and create a unique customer experience for visitors. Show the community your creativity on Instagram and not only will you drive customers to your store, it will also put you in the running for some great prizes.
- Best store and window display – $3,000
- Festive Experience award (businesses that not only look appealing, but also create the most festive experience for their customers) - $2,500
- People’s choice award – $1,500
- A Wagga Christmas award (best display with a local theme) – $1,000
Benefits for businesses participating
- Attract customers to your business and increase sales by enhancing your customer’s experience
- Winning businesses will be promoted through Wagga Wagga City Council media
- Local media outlets will be contacted to run news stories
- Enhanced social media exposure through City of Wagga Wagga channels
How to nominate a business
- Upload a photo of a store display to Instagram using the hashtag #waggachristmas2018
- Clearly identify the business name and location in the post
- Entries for judging will close 16 December 2018 at 5:00 pm
- People’s choice voting will be open until 18 December 2018 at 5:00 pm - People’s choice voting will be based on the number of unique photos uploaded to Instagram from unique Instagram accounts
See terms & conditions for full details
- Business entries close: 16 December 2018 (see terms and conditions)
- People’s Choice Award: voting closes 18 December 2018
- Judging for all other awards: 17 December 2018
- Winners announced: Thursday, 20 December 2018
Judging will be carried out by a panel consisting of three City representatives. All store displays must be in place by 16 December 2018 at 5:00 pm and people’s choice voting conducted by 18 December 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Based on the photos uploaded to Instagram, a shortlist of individual businesses will be created. The shortlisted store displays will be inspected by the judging panel and the winners will be announced on Thursday 20 December 2018.
The store displays will be judged on a range of criteria, including: enhanced customer experience, overall impression and visual impact, creativity and innovation, styling, communicating a theme and clever use of retailer’s products, effort and business collaboration, and street impact
The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information please contact Wagga Wagga City Council customer service at 1 300 292 442.
Terms and Conditions
- Promoter is Wagga Wagga City Council, 243 Baylis Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2650
- Employees and Contractors of The Promoter are not eligible to participate.
- Open to businesses with physical locations in Wagga Wagga
- Businesses are eligible to win only one award
- Individual business entrants must upload a photo of the window display to Instagram with the hashtag #WaggaChristmas2018 and clearly identify the business
- Business entry close Sunday 16 December 2018 at 5:00 pm
- By entering this event, businesses are agreeing to have their stores open during the 2018 Christmas period, allow photos to be taken of your displays, and welcome judges and the public to view their store displays
- Photographs may be used in Wagga Wagga City Council’s media, promotions and publications
- People’s Choice voting is done by customers and by uploading a photo of the business store display to Instagram using the hashtag #WaggaChristmas2018 and clearly identifying the business
- People’s choice voting close Tuesday 18 December 2018 at 5:00 pm
- Each Instagram account can only upload one valid photo to be counted for the purpose of the people’s choice
- People’s choice voting will be decided by the highest number of valid photos for an individual business uploaded to Instagram using #waggachristmas2018
- By entering this event, individuals are agreeing to have their photographs used in Wagga Wagga City Council’s media, promotions and publications
- The City of Wagga Wagga reserves the right at any time to disqualify any individual or business who the Council reasonably believes has breached any of the terms and conditions or engaged in unlawful or improper conduct aimed at jeopardising the fair and proper conduct of the event.