Due to the increasing demands on the airport, with more than 210,000 passengers flying in and out of Wagga Wagga every year, paid parking has been introduced. This will assist to ensure adequate parking is available for airport patrons, as well as providing funds to meet future car parking requirements of this expanding community gateway.
Paid parking is now operational in the public car park at the Wagga Wagga Airport, with the following rates applicable:
|First 60 minutes||Free|
|Day (24 hours)||$ 13.00|
|Lost ticket fee applies||$125.00|
Please ensure payment is made via cash or credit card at the automated pay station to validate your ticket prior to exiting the car park.
Please click on the below links for further information on car parking at the Wagga Wagga Airport:
Wagga Wagga Airport Car Park Conditions of Entry
CAR PARK CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following conditions apply when you enter, leave or use this car park. Should you not accept these conditions please leave via the nearest exit.
1. In these Conditions of Entry reference to:
a) "we", "us" and "our" means Wagga Wagga City Council, its servants and agents.
b) "you" means the person using or entering this car park.
c) "your vehicle" includes a vehicle driven or intended to be driven by you or your agent into and from this Car Park.
2. You enter and use this Car Park at your own risk and agree to release us to the full extent permitted by law from all claims, demands, actions or suits relating to or in any way arising out of your use of or presence in this Car Park. You warrant that you are either the owner of the vehicle or authorised by the owner of the vehicle to park and use this Car Park.
3. You agree to indemnify (and keep indemnified) us from and against all claims demands, actions or suits in which you may have against us relating to or in any way arising out of your use of or presence in this car park. You will be liable for the cost (including but not limited to legal fees and all damages) of any destruction, loss or damage caused by you or your vehicle to other persons or property, including our property or that of any contractor engaged by us.
4. While in the car park, you agree to:
a) comply with all signs and all reasonable directions and requests made by us;
b) park your vehicle within the marked boundaries
c) not obstruct any roadways or any other vehicles; and
d) not park anywhere that is designated as a no parking or reserved area.
5. Restricted vehicles include caravans, vehicles with trailers and all vehicles in excess of 4.9 m long, or 2m wide, or 2.9m high must not enter this car park via the ticketing area. Restricted vehicles must ring 69 269 267 for parking arrangements.
6. A parking fee is payable each time a vehicle enters here and the vehicle stays in excess of the approved free period.
7. To exit the car park, you agree to pay the prescribed fee at a Parking Pay Station.
8. A tax receipt is available when you pay for your parking. It is your responsibility to request the tax receipt at the time of tendering payment.
9. If you lose your ticket we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee plus any other applicable parking fees.
10. Any amendments will become effective immediately on posting to our website www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/airport.
A downloadable version of this document is available here:
Wagga Wagga Airport Paid Parking FAQ's
WAGGA WAGGA REGIONAL AIRPORT PAID PARKING FAQ
From the 2 February 2012 paid parking will be introduced for the public car park at Wagga Wagga Airport.
WHY HAS PAID PARKING BEEN INTRODUCED AT WAGGA WAGGA AIRPORT?
There is a high demand for parking with more than 215,000 passengers flying in and out of Wagga Wagga every year. This system will assist Airport Management to provide Airport patrons with parking, especially during peak times, as well as provide funding to meet future car parking demands. Revenue raised from paid parking will assist Wagga Wagga Airport to improve facilities for the travelling public.
WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO DROP OFF AND PICK UP PASSENGERS IN FRONT OF THE TERMINAL?
No. The front of the terminal is a NO STOPPING zone and is only to be used by buses, delivery trucks/vans and taxis. Airport security best practice suggests that vehicles should not park or be left unattended in front of the terminal. For safety and security reasons, vehicles must be parked within the car park when dropping off and picking up passengers.
WILL I HAVE TO PAY IF I ONLY WANT TO DROP OFF OR PICK UP PASSENGERS?
No, parking charges will not apply for the first 60 minutes after entry to the car park. This allows ample time to drop off and pick up passengers. After the first 60 minutes parking charges will apply.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNSURE IF I HAVE EXCEEDED THE 60 MINUTE FREE PARKING PERIOD?
You can check your ticket at the automated pay station located in the terminal. If you have exceeded the time then you can pay using either cash or a credit card.
IS THERE AN ATM AT THE AIRPORT TO WITHDRAW CASH TO PAY FOR MY PARKING?
Yes, there is an ATM located inside the terminal building.
IS THE CAR PARK CLOSED AT NIGHT?
No, the car park is operational and monitored 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Should you have any problems with the parking system, press the HELP / INTERCOM button and someone will assist you by intercom.
CAN I PARK MY CAR OUTSIDE THE CAR PARK BOUNDARIES ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD OR ON THE GRASSED AREAS?
No. All areas outside the public car park are restricted areas. There will be two entry points located adjacent to the terminal and two exit points at the western side of the car park leading on to Don Kendell Drive.
HOW DOES THE PAID CAR PARKING WORK?
At the entrance to the car park, boom gates and ticket dispensers will be located. When you press the button on the ticket dispenser, you will receive a parking ticket. The boom gate will open and you may enter the car park. You have the option of paying by cash or credit card at the Automated Pay Station in the terminal or pay by credit card at the exit reader near the exit boom gate. When you have finished parking and wish to exit, take the ticket to an Automated Pay Station (located in the terminal). When you insert the ticket into the pay station, you will be advised of the payment due for parking. You can then either pay by cash or credit card. Following payment you will receive your ticket back as proof of purchase. Following payment, proceed to an exit point and you will be required to insert the ticket in to the exit station. The boom gate will lift and you can exit the car park. You have 20 minutes to exit the car park after paying at the Automated Pay Station.
DO I GET A TAX INVOICE RECEIPT WHEN I PAY?
Yes, you can request a Tax Invoice when you pay at the Automated Pay Station or Exit Station.
WHAT IF I LOSE MY TICKET?
If you lose your ticket a lost ticket fee applies. Please refer to the Council website for up to date pricing. Alternatively contact the Car Park on call number: 0400 571 962
HOW MUCH WILL PARKING COST?
Please refer to the Council website for up to date pricing.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE PROBLEMS ON ENTRY, EXIT OR AT THE PAY STATION?
If you have problems with the parking system, press the HELP / INTERCOM button and a staff member will assist you via intercom.
A downloadable PDF version of this document is available here: