2017 Walk of Honour - Guidelines and Nomination Form
Each year, the people of the City of Wagga Wagga Local Government Area are invited to nominate fellow
citizens for the Australia Day Awards. These Awards aim to recognise outstanding achievement during the past year and/or contribution to the local community over a number of years. The Walk of Honour consists of brass plaques individually designed and embedded in the pavement in Baylis Street. The Walk of Honour
commenced in 1999 and recognises the contributions of individuals to the City of Wagga Wagga Local
Guidelines and Criteria
* Nominations must be received by 5pm, Friday 25 November 2016. Nominations received after this time will not be accepted.
* Nominees must be Australian Citizens and reside in the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area.
* Selection for the Awards will be made on the basis of substantial contribution (past or present) to the City of Wagga Wagga Local Government Area and involved in any aspect of community life. Nominees contributions
must be above and beyond their general field of work.
* Nominees can be of any age (living or deceased).
* Nominees must have been a resident of the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area for a period of at least 5 years.
* Nominations MUST be accompanied by supporting documentation providing a clear understanding of the nominee's achievements and the reason for the nomination.
* Individuals only may be nominated, not groups or organisations. Two names may be nominated together on the one form if they are related eg. husband/wife, brothers/sisters.
* Nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be notified of their nomination via letter and invited to the 2017 Australia Day Awards Ceremony to be held on the evening of Wednesday 25 January 2017. All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be recognised at this ceremony and the successful Award Recipient will be announced.
* Award recipients will be selected at the discretion of the Selection Committee. If nominations for a particular category are unsuitable, the Committee reserves the right not to select an Award recipient or consider the nomination under another category.
* Elected Members and Council staff can nominate a person for any award. Members of the Australia Day
Community Committee can not.
* Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years by filling out a new nomination form. Previous year's nomination forms will not be accepted.
* Awards can be granted posthumously.
* The Selection Committee reserves the right to obtain more information about each person from whatever source appropriate.
* The decisions of the Selection Committee shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into on the subject of decisions made.
Please contact the Events Unit at Council on 1300 292 442 or via email email@example.com should you require further information.
Please complete the forms attached including a description of your nominee's contribution to the City of Wagga Wagga and Local Government Area.
You can fill in the form below or alternatively download the pdf form to fill in online or print a hard copy.
Download the pdf form here
Nominations must be received by 5:00pm Friday 25 November 2016. Nominations received after this date will be ineligible for consideration.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN CHECKLIST
ATTACH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
You may attach any other supporting documentation which provides official recognition such as newspaper clippings etc. Please limit attachments to 1MB or less. If you are unable to upload documents, please send them to the address below with a cover letter including your name and contact details. Please note posted documents cannot be returned.
Please send additional documents to:
Australia Day Awards
P O Box 20
WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2650
Documents MUST be received by 5:00pm Friday 25 November 2016.
DETAILS OF PERSON ATTENDING ON BEHALF OF NOMINEE
All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be notified of their nomination via letter and invited to the Australia Day Awards Ceremony which will be held as part of the 2017 Wagga Wagga Australia Day Celebrations. All nominees who meet the criteria of the award will be recognised at this ceremony and the successful winner announced.