Most people who are thinking about developing their property, whether they be larger developers or people wanting to do additions to their house, will generally ask Council the same type of questions:
- What uses are allowed on my property?
- Do I need to get an approval from Council?
- If an approval is needed, what information is needed to submit an application and what costs are involved?
- What is the process for Council to assess an application?
- Do I need any other approvals?
- When can I start building?
- Who signs off on (or certifies) my completed building?
The Development section of this web site provides you with the answers to the front end (or the assessment stage) of the process, whilst the Building section provides the answers for the construction end of the process.
If you are considering any form of development that requires a Development Application (DA) approval, you will follow a sequence of steps contained in the following five stages: