For Wagga Wagga Regional Family Day Care to be recognised as an Early Childhood Education and Care service of excellence, which strives for quality outcomes for children and their families. For all stakeholders to be represented in the service.
Achieving the Vision
- For children to develop a strong sense of belonging and wellbeing, they need to experience consistent emotional support within respectful and nurturing relationships.
- Our passion is to assist children to grow to be successful, confident and socially competent members of the community, who positively embrace the world and engage respectfully with the people in it.
- We value communicating freely and respectfully, building on the strength of each other's knowledge; this is the key to successful partnerships.
- We value providing a high quality children's service, that is responsive to the needs of children and their families.
- We value all Stakeholders, and respect the uniqueness of each individual.
- We ensure meaningful learning experiences which support each child and their family.
- We as Educators consider children's thoughts and feelings, to support the development of a strong sense of wellbeing while the rights of each individual child are paramount.
- Small groups of children can feel confident, respected and valued.
- We will continue to work collaboratively with people, services and agencies within the community that support children and families.
High expectations and Equity
- We believe all children are successful, competent and capable learners whose values and rights are respected.
- We promote inclusion and participation of all children.
- The child's daily routine and program is developed in ways that maximise opportunities for each child's learning through play and exploration.
- We will use intentional teaching practices to scaffold children's learning.
Respect for Diversity
- Cultural Diversity is acknowledged, and Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures/customs are valued and respected.
- Diversity is reflected through curriculum and we recognise that it contributes to the richness of our society.
- We assist Children to positively embrace the world, and engage respectfully with the people in it.
- We acknowledge that cultural diversity relates to gender, ethnicity, lifestyle, customs, beliefs, backgrounds and experiences.
Ongoing Learning and Reflective Practice
- We acknowledge the responsibility to have an ongoing cycle of review, through which current practices are examined, outcomes reviewed and new ideas generated.
- We gather information and gain insights that support, inform and enrich decision making about each child's learning.
We are guided by the Australian Early Childhood Code of Ethics, the Education and Care Services National Law, the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place.